Stainless Steel is durable, and partially gets its name because it does not stain, rust, or corrode as easily as ordinary steel. Depending on the alloy, it is also more resistant to high and low temperatures, allowing it to be used for a broader range of applications. Oxygen diffusion is what leads to corrosion of most metals, however, stainless steel has a thin layer of iron oxide which prevents this reaction from occurring. The formation of iron oxide only takes place in stainless steel when the chromium content is high enough, which is why it is essential to having a supplier that deals with high grade stainless steel.
- Durable/High Strength
- Resistant at high and low temperatures
- Corrosion resistant
- Does not stain easily
- 304- Chemical minimum of 18% chromium reduces corrosion and oxidation of metal.
- 316- Less susceptible to corrosion by chemicals and retains strength at elevated temp.
- 321- Similar to 304 but has 5X carbon content minimum, reducing carbide precipitation.
- Stock an extensive range of stainless steel gauges, alloys and widths.
- Gauge: Stainless Steel stock ranges from 0.001" to 0.010"
- Alloys: 304,316,321 plus more specialized alloys upon request.
- Customer specific stocking programs save you time and money.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EXCEEDING YOUR EXPECTATIONS